Fire Roasted Eggplant, tahini and schug: Perfect when you want to be transported to the middle east and keep it vegetarian without people missing meat.
- Eggplant - 3 each:
Place eggplant over grill and cook on all sides until skin is black, burnt, blistered. Let cool and peel skin away from flesh.
- Tahini 1/2 cup
- Garlic - grated - 1 clove
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Lemon - 1 1/2 each
- Warm water - 1/3 cup
Add garlic, salt and lemon to tahini and begin to whisk, in the warm water until it is smooth and the consistency of a thick sauce
- Parsley - 1 cup
- Cilantro - 1 cup
- Jalapeño - 7 each
- Coriander, toasted whole and crushed - 1 tbsp
- Caraway seed, toasted, whole and crushed - 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Lemon - juice and zest of 1 each
- Plant People Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
- Regular Olive Oil 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
In a food processor, pulse all ingredients until it forms a paste. Then add olive oils. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cherry tomato - small handful
- Basil and Mint - small handful
- Add a dollop of tahini to bottom of plate. Place eggplant on top. Then top the eggplant with the green schug, tomatoes, herbs and more Plant People Olive Oil!
Plant People and its entire website (including this content you are reading) are for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, prevention of a disease or ailment, nor cure, diagnose or fix any condition. If you have a medical condition, consult with a physician. Speak to a doctor prior to using Plant People products, or trying anything discussed on this site. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Plant People provides no medical advice - read more about this in our Terms & Conditions.