Bonus: watch and cook along with Gabe as he teaches us how to make immune fortifying mushroom congee.
Mushroom Broth (1 quart)
Long Grain Rice (3/4 cup)
Advanced Immune Power (4 capsules)
Ginger (2" minced, divided in half)
Garlic (5 cloves minced, divided in half)
Sesame Oil (1 tbsp)
Astralagus (4" piece)
EVOO (3 tbsp)
Shiitake Mushroom (1/2lb)
Maitake Mushroom (1/4lb)
Radish (1/8 cup, sliced)
Honey, maple syrup or sugar
Scallion (3, sliced)
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil with ginger and garlic until aromatic.
- Add rice and toast it. Add 4 cups mushroom broth + 2 cups water + 1tbsp soy sauce + opened capsules of Advanced Immune Power.
- Simmer until rice is broken down to a porridge-like consistency, about 1 hour. Tip: wash and freeze your rice overnight to cut cooking time in half.
- Season with salt and a drizzle of honey.
- Slice radish and toss in lemon juice or rice wine vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and a drizzle of something sweet (honey, maple syrup).
Sautéed Ginger Mushrooms
- Over medium heat, add 2 tbsp sesame oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms evenly to pan and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Toss when golden brown then cook for another minute.
- Add ginger and garlic and scallion, cooking for one minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and a squeeze from half a lemon.
- Add salt then remove from heat.
To finish, portion congee into the bowl, top with mushrooms, pickled radish and gomasio. Enjoy!
Plant People and its entire website (including this content you are reading) are for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, prevention of a disease or ailment, nor cure, diagnose or fix any condition. If you have a medical condition, consult with a physician. Speak to a doctor prior to using Plant People products, or trying anything discussed on this site. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Plant People provides no medical advice - read more about this in our Terms & Conditions.